Sunday, February 28, 2010

US and A



Wow. Being back in the US has been quite a change of pace. I really have been missing Salamanca and I think that's what has motivated to pick back up the blog. My apologies for dropping the ball on the blog while I was in Spain, life was just too crazy and it was tough to keep up with everything. Basically, I took a few more journeys down to Andalucía, one with my friend Theo to Cadíz and Cordoba, and another with my friends Brian and Beri to Sevilla. I love Sevilla and it was awesome to return back and see my favorite cathedral in the World. I also got to climb Gironimus, the bell tower that was originally part of the mosque that the Spanish built over when constructing the cathedral. I revisited Cadíz as well, which was a bit of a let down compared to the last time I was there. I say this because I visited in November, whereas the last time I was in this bustling beach city was in the summer. Hence, it was freezing on the beach, but Theo and I went anyway. A couple of Cruzcampos and some lomo bocadillos sure did the trick, looking out at the horizon and knowing it wouldn't last forever. Cordoba was quite a find because I hadn't expected to like it so much. The Mezquita was like seeing the cathedral in Sevilla and Alhambra in Granada and mixing them together. Basically, it exceeded any expectations I had before visiting the city. We smoked a hookahand drank tea with a view of the main street in the old city of Cordoba. The former trip was a decision made at 5am, so we hadn't planned any hostels or even looked at return train times. It was probably the most free I'd ever felt, although my wallet didn't exactly appreciate my last minute decision. Should have gotten a Eurail pass like theo did, because he ended up paying about 1/10 of what I did for his tickets. We missed our train out of Cadíz, which may have been for the best. I had to sneak on the train and hide in the cafeteria because I didn't want to have to buy another ticket in Cordoba, but it all worked out and I got back home just fine.

Blogs on Paris and the infamous Glass/Barros/Arellano vacation to come! Also, updates on my new house and life in Denver post-Salamanca!

Stay up!

No comments:

Post a Comment