Monday, July 13, 2009

I took a trip to the In-N-Out temple in Los Angeles. More of a play on words than anything else. I stopped at the original Thai Buddhist Temple in Los Angeles, just 20 minutes away from Hollywood Blvd. Seems to be quite the contrast, but I appreciated it for what it's worth. After a few rounds of saying "grap" to the golden Buddha and monks, clad in orange robes, we headed out to find the culprit, In-N-Out Burger. With planes flying overhead and customer eager to have their fix before boarding a flight to Shanghai, we scarf down our double-doubles, animal style of course, and keep moving to LAX. I watched the Secret Window for the ump-teenth time and enjoyed the twisted plot even more than expected. Almost missed my flight because I was watching Albert Pujols choking in the Home Run Derby in his hometown as I ate an overprice CPK caeser salad. I was transported to a small town in Spain named Burgette as I read Hemmingway's "Fiesta: The Sun Also Rises", but felt quite vulnerable as I prepare for my own Spanish voyage within two months. I glimpsed my visa for the first time as well, making the trip feel so much closer than I imagined. Phone calls and bedtime to be followed by crawdad fishing and some reggae rock with a bit of snoop doggy dogg. Blog on!

No comments:

Post a Comment